Graphic Portrait

This one's a portrait of my dear sweet guy for his birthday, and also the first time I tried this graphic technique for a full body pose. 

I used a photo as reference and also to trace the dark outlines of the main shapes (not so much the details). At first I was going to make it more like a painting like the Bufallo '66 one, but found that I didn't have as much patience, and this coloring in and adding plain shadows is much quicker and has immediate visual effect. Also the style of the image, the graphic letters on the clothing made it much more suitable.

I chose a main color for each shape (shirt, skin, pants etc) and one light version and one darker version. Of course for more details I could have worked with 2 or more. I've seen people do this succesfully in Illustrator with the fill option but as I am not as comfortable with it, I did this by painting in Photoshop.


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment