London



These digital studies were made just after finishing three very demanding book projects, with a tight deadline. So I finally had some more time to enjoy the process, to truly paint digitally.

I was also trying to replicate the same technique for colored pencil on paper, but with the tablet and a digital pencil-like brush. 
It was a bit harder to achieve the same accuracy as on paper until I learned to adjust the tablets sensitivity (turns out it was too low and I was pushing too hard on the pen tip which led to it starting to scratch). 
On the plus side though, digital drawings look much more alive, whereas with the scanned drawings, the contrast and saturation always need to be raised, and that can damage the quality of the image, making it look overexposed.
I wasn't truly happy with the pencil style brushes I found online, but changing the setting to Dissolve added the texture that I wanted. Also it might be worth a try creating a custom brush, but I've yet to try that.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment